The University of Ghana announces for the information of the general public, applicants, parents and guardians that applications are open for the admission of prospective applicants into various undergraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic year. Applicants should take note of the following:
All prospective applicants are advised to visit the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh and carefully read all relevant information and guidelines for prospective applicants before applying.
All applicants who will be writing WASSCE in 2023 are eligible to apply.
Programmes at the College of Health Sciences, except those offered at the School of Allied Health Sciences, are offered as FIRST CHOICE programmes only.
For second and third choices, applicants must choose courses from the Sciences.
The following programmes offered at the College of Basic and Applied Sciences are FIRST CHOICE programmes: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering.
Applicants who select either B.Sc. Administration or Bachelor of Laws (LLB) as first choice are advised strongly to select bouquets from the Bachelor of Arts programme as second choice to enhance their chances of gaining admission.
For the Bachelor of Arts (BA) programme, applicants are required to select subjects from the list of bouquets provided. Up to four (4) subject bouquets must be selected in order of preference.
All students entering the BA progamme must offer three (3) subjects at Level 100, two (2) subjects at Level 200 and Level 300 and either two (2) subjects or one (1) subject at Level 400.
Qualified Applicants to the Bachelor’s degree on the Legon Campus who are unable to meet the competitive cut-off points determined by the Admissions Board for admission to preferred programmes of study may opt for the Fee-paying Scheme. Interested applicants must indicate this option on their application forms.
Mature Students Admission has been re-introduced into the Bachelor of Arts Distance Education (DE) Programme with effect from the 2017/2018 academic year.
All applications must be submitted ONLINE. Click here to visit the “How to apply online page”.
All applicants will be considered on the basis of result equivalents as provided by the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission(GTEC), as per schedule below:
|A1||1 Excellent||A||1 – Excellent|
|B2||2 – Very Good||B||2 – Very Good|
|B3||3 – Good||C||3 – Good|
|C4||4 – Credit||D||4 – Credit|
|C5||5 – Credit||E||5 – Pass|
|C6||6 – Credit||F||6- Fail|
|D7||7 – Pass|
|E8||8 – Pass|
|F9||9 – Fail|
- Qualifications acceptable for admissions include the following: Senior Secondary School Certificates (SSSCE/WASSSCE)Baccalaureate (French)International Baccalaureate (IB)GCE (Cambridge) – ‘A’ and ‘O’ LevelsGCSE & ‘A’ LevelsAmerican High School – Grade 12 examinationsOther external qualifications which have equivalences to the WASSSCE/SSSCE and the GCE (A Levels). All admissions will be to Level 100.
- All applicants who have ever attended or graduated with Certificate/Diploma from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their **STUDENT IDENTITYNUMBERS** on their application forms. The same number will be used in the intended programme of study if admitted.
- Since the 2007/2008 academic year, the University of Ghana has ceased to admit applicants with the West African Examination Council’s Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificates
- All Applicants must take note that the process for admission to the University of Ghana is very transparent. Applicants should therefore beware of any persons who may approach them on the pretext of assisting them gain admission for a fee.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ARE CORRECTLY FILLED AND SUBMITTED
- How to buy SHS Placement Checker using MTN Mobile Money - November 28, 2023
- CSSPS: School placement for 2023 BECE graduates out, know where to check your school - November 28, 2023
- 2023 School Placement: GES Releases Placement Checker Cards - November 27, 2023