IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE:
- You must pay the required minimum fee before you can register. The required minimum for the 2022/2023 academic year is 50% of the academic fee, details of which can be found in the Schedule of Fees.
- You will need your UG Student ID Number and UG 5-digit PIN for Online Registration. If you do not have them, please refer to your provisional admission letter.
- You will also need to activate your UG assigned email account (the email address and initial default password are in your provisional admission letter). You activate the email account by logging in and changing the password to your preferred one.
Once the above requirements have been met, follow the steps below to register for the academic programme offered. Note that you will be required to undertake your actual course registration after Orientation (Look out for dates and venue for Freshmen Orientation).
FOR COLLEGE OF BASIC AND APPLIED SCIENCES & COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES STUDENTS ONLY
- Online registration is through the MIS Web. Click here to access the MIS Web.
- Then click on “Registration” under the Student iEnabler (on the left side of the screen).
- Click on “Submit Registration”.
- Then click on the “blue letters” under “Qualification Code” and select “Register for This Qualification”
- Click on “Save and Continue” and (for undergraduate freshmen) register for GCCR101-General Course Confirming Registration by clicking on the small box close to GCCR101.
- Click on “Save and Continue” to view the course you have selected.
- Then click on “Continue” to view the Registration Cost (Academic Facility User Fee).
- Click on “Accept Registration” to complete registration.
- Click on “Printer Friendly Format” and print proof of registration.
- Click on LOG-OUT to EXIT the system.
FOR COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES & COLLEGE OF EDUCATION STUDENTS ONLY
Registration Of Core Courses, UGRCs AND HERCs
1. University of Ghana Required Courses (UGRCs): 3 credits per semester
In the first semester students must enroll in any of the following University required
- UGRC 110 Academic Writing I – 3 credits
- UGRC 150 Critical Thinking and Practical Reasoning – 3 credits
- (In the second semester another UGRC must be taken)
2. Humanities and Education Required Courses (HERCs): 3 – 4 credits per semester
- In the first semester students must enroll in any of their bouquet-based prescribed Humanities and Education Required Courses. In most cases, students can select a HERC to take from 4-6 courses listed on their registration page after login.
- Courses offered as HERC, including French Language, normally carry three (3) credits per semester. All the other foreign language courses carry only 2credits per course. As such, a student who wishes to select a foreign language HERC must take 2 conjoined foreign language courses from the list. Such a student will therefore earn four credits of HERC for the semester.
- Apart from French, Foreign language courses are only available in the first semester. (In the second semester another HERC must be selected from the same list as presented in the first semester).
STEPS FOR REGISTRATION
1. Visit the STS Portal via https://sts.ug.edu.gh
3. Sign in with your student ID Number and PIN as stated in your admission letter.
4. Look for and click on “HERC / UGRC Registration” (Your regular courses are preregistered).
5. Select one (1) course from the HERC and one (1) from UGRC (Please note that
courses in modern languages are paired).
6. Save the courses that you have selected and log out.
Steps for Residential Registration Online – Resident Freshmen Only
NOTE THAT THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE IF:
A. You have registered for your academic programme.
B. You have applied for and secured accommodation on campus.
C. You have paid the requisite residential fees per modular session in full
(within 48 hours after bed allocation).
D. You are still within the 24-hour window given for registration after the deadline for payment of residential fees.
Online residential registration is done through the MIS Web.
The procedure is as follows:
- Click on “Residence Registration” under the Student iEnabler (on the left side of the screen).
- Click on “Submit Residence Registration”.
- Then click on the year (in blue).
- There will be a display confirming the Hall and Room number.
- Click on “I Accept” to confirm.
- Print the Proof of Residential Registration and keep for your records.
- On the reporting date for Freshmen, report to your Hall of Residence with two copies each of your passport picture and proofs of your academic and residential registration for further assistance.