- Tampa, FL, USA
- State/Province: Florida
- Business Group: DCS
- Business Line: Environment
- Work Location Model: On-Site
- Operating Group: Americas
- Primary Location: US – Fort Myers, FL – 4415 Metro Pkw
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is seeking an Entry-Level Environmental Scientist to be based in our Fort Myers, Tampa, or Fort Lauderdale, FL offices. This position will support our Remediation group within our Environment business line.
This position is expected to begin July/August 2023.
The Entry-Level Environmental Scientist will assist our Remediation team both in the field and in office, supporting soil and groundwater investigations and remediation projects. The ideal candidate will be willing and able to learn new skills and methods on challenging field and office assignments in a collaborative team environment.
We are seeking a candidate who is an excellent communicator and technically capable. The successful candidate will work under the oversight of an experienced field team of engineers, scientists, and technicians on environmental remedial cleanup and monitoring projects. This position will involve field and office responsibilities with potential for growth.
The candidate will gain experience in their discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities enabling professional growth and development. Candidate will complete field tasks, including site investigations, drilling oversight, soil and groundwater sample collection, remediation system data collection, and related work. The candidate will also provide office support for data management, report preparation, and maintain the required AECOM-related documentation and forms.
Job responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Project Field and Office Support for Site Assessment and Remediation Projects.
- Performs routine tasks in support of project staff and provides documentation of field activities.
- Performs routine fieldwork (such as environmental multi-media sampling) working under close supervision. Performs routine tasks in support of project staff and provides documentation of field activities
- Field sampling for soil, soil vapor and groundwater is required in a variety of environmental settings.
- Perform analytical data analysis, data summaries, and report preparation.
- Writing technical reports using Microsoft Office and other software.
- Other activities may include setting up and operating equipment, inspecting equipment and installations for compliance with specifications and maintaining proper project documentation.
- Position will require OSHA 40-hour hazardous site worker training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology, Soil Science, or related field.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Relevant work experience, overseeing drilling operations a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), ArcGIS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Travel is required for this position. Candidates will be asked to submit to a Motor Vehicle Record screening upon hire.
- This is an in-office position. Candidates are expected to reside in Fort Myers/Tampa/Fort Lauderdale, FL area or relocate if necessary.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- 10 natural ways to last long in bed as a man - November 16, 2023
- Single Spine Salary Structure Base Pay for 2024 - November 14, 2023
- Ghana Armed Forces Voucher Sale Points and Purchase Information in 2023 - November 1, 2023