Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – over 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is seeking an Entry-Level Geologist to be based in our Cincinnati, OH office. This position will support our Remediation team within our Environment business line.
This position is expected to begin July/August 2023.
The Entry-Level Geologist will support our Remediation team both in the field and in office. We are seeking motivated candidate who would like to develop and advance in a full-time environmental remediation career. AECOM offers competitive salaries, excellent opportunities for professional development, and a competitive benefits package.
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities include soil and groundwater sampling, assessments, data collection and technical document preparation.
- Utilizes scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Requires general familiarity within a broad field of scientific knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state, and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Conducts analysis and investigation work obtained from a variety of sources.
- Entry-level position; may not require previous experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or related field
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- MS in geology, environmental science, or related field.
- Collect and evaluate environmental data in field and office settings.
- Assist with preparing investigation reports.
- Possesses technical report writing skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Independent field worker.
- Current 40 hour HAZWOPER training.
- Current First Aid/CPR training.
- Candidate must be proficient with basic computer programs; MS Word and MS Excel, etc.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Travel is required for this position. Candidates will be asked to submit to a Motor Vehicle Record screening upon hire.
- This is an in-office position. Candidates are expected to reside in the Cincinnati, OH area or relocate if necessary.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Environment
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: West
Career Area: Science
Work Location Model: Hybrid