- New York, NY
- State/Province: New York
- Business Group: DCS
- Business Line: Energy
- Work Location Model: Hybrid
- Operating Group: Americas
- Primary Location: US – New York, NY – 125 Broad Street
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is seeking a talented and highly motivated Energy and Sustainability Consultant to lead our Energy team’s projects across a variety of energy efficiency, transportation electrification, and decarbonization related initiatives for public, utility, and private clients.
The successful candidate should be a dynamic, self-directed individual with project management experience in consulting or energy and sustainability settings. The candidate will need strong organizational and communication skills to ensure client projects meet objectives and contractual scopes, adhere to budget, and are executed a high level of quality. The candidate will also have experience managing internal project teams and communicating task assignments and status across multi-disciplinary teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading project and program management activities ensuring that projects remain within scope, budget and schedule working in close coordination with project team, subconsultants and clients
- Management of all phases of energy, decarbonization, and sustainability consulting services projects, including scope and budget development, contract approval, execution, and close-out.
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary teams to execute task in line with project objectives, client expectations, and contractual obligations.
- Maintain and build existing client relationships through strong project execution, ensuring high quality deliverables, and excellent communications.
- Identifying opportunities with current clients for additional project scopes, innovative solutions, or follow-on projects
- Oversee all aspects of project financial performance, including project budget management, internal financial reporting, invoicing, and oversight of subconsultant costs.
- Ensure adherence to internal and client health, safety, environmental and quality policies
AECOM’s Energy practice provides a wide range of services from consulting and engineering design to energy engineering, energy procurement and construction (EPC) for power, energy efficiency, and renewable energy clients. Our understanding of the big picture – and the interconnection between generation, distribution, storage, and the demand side of the meter – allows us to deliver holistic strategies that improve and modernize next generation energy infrastructure. We connect knowledge and experience across our global framework to bring together a unique combination of engineers, planners, scientists, and project managers who advance cleaner, secure, and more sustainable energy solutions
- BA/BS degree with minimum 4 years of relevant experience in energy, sustainability, consulting, and/or project management or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams on energy, sustainability, or decarbonization projects in sectors such as:
- Renewable energy, energy efficiency, or decarbonization
- Utility programs
- Transportation electrification
- Sustainability or climate resilience planning
- Experience with any of the following client types: Federal, state, or local government, utilities, commercial real estate, advanced manufacturing and/or life sciences
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Sciences, Energy/Sustainability, Business, Policy/Public Administration or a related field
- Relevant profession certifications, including PMP, CEM, LEED AP, PE/EIT
- Fluency with Microsoft Office products, including strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex projects and/or programs on schedule and within scope and budget.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Sponsorship is available for this position.
- Offered rate of compensation (NYC locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $87,778.70 – $162,390.59 annually exempt.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, retirement benefits, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.