- New York, NY
- State/Province: New York
- Business Group: DCS
- Business Line: B&P – Buildings & Places
- Work Location Model: On-Site
- Operating Group: Americas
- Primary Location: US – New York, NY – 125 Broad Street
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is seeking an Architecture Designer to be based in our New York Metro office.
This position is expected to begin in July 2023.
The Architect Designer I will be responsible for the following items:
- Performing basic architectural/engineering calculations.
- Preparing specifications, reports and related data tables.
- Maintaining liaison with design and drafting groups.
- Preparing, reviewing, and approving drawings as required.
- Under the direction of the Supervising Architect, may perform technical assignments of moderate complexity within approved schedules and budgets.
- May coordinate technical and administrative activities with employees in other disciplines and other departments participating on an assigned project.
- May assist in the training and evaluation of assigned architectural and design/drafting personnel.
- Work on a multi-disciplinary team with architects and engineers delivering all phases of exciting architectural projects in a variety of markets.
- Work with the design architect in creating schematic designs and presentations
- Work with the project architect in creating contract documents
- Participate in fieldwork and construction administration services
- Use current software platforms (including Revit) to develop contract documents, 3D models and presentations
- Prepare documentation regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time
- Coordinate documentation with other engineering disciplines
- Maintain conformance with building standards, established architectural practices, and applicable building codes
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- BA/BS Degree in Architecture or equivalent or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks daily
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment
- Excellent 2D and 3D visual / graphic & design skills
- Excellent skill in REVIT and AUTOCAD
- Working knowledge of Sketchup, VRAY, Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Suite, and Rhino
- Strong background in 3D visualization & rendering
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Sponsorship is available
- Offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The hourly range for this position is $26.13 – $35.93.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.