Bonus available to external applicants only
- $1,000.00 after 100 days
- $1,500.00 after 6 months
Our airport teams work together to move guests and their belongings from curb to cabin, creating remarkable experiences along the way. Whether customer-facing or behind the scenes, we want to hear from you if you can be welcoming to people from all walks of life, think on your feet, and manage a flexible schedule. In return, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package, professional development opportunities, and other benefits that are all designed to take you places.
The Ground Service Agent works in a fast-paced environment performing activities related to working on the airport ramp and keeping flights running smoothly and safely.
- Load and offload luggage and cargo, transporting to various airport locations.
- Distribute all paperwork to flight crews including fuel slips, load plans, cargo manifests and flight releases.
- Marshals and pushes back aircraft.
- Prepares weight and balance forms and ensures load integrity by inputting accurate commodity codes and weights into a data entry system.
- Service aircraft as necessary to include lavatory, potable water, aircraft grooming, deicing and security searches.
- Operates and/or drives multiple types of equipment, such as belt-loaders, tugs, air-start units, bag carts, lavatory carts and deice trucks.
- Execute aircraft tow operations if required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.To learn more about this role, click the link below:Ground Service Agent Realistic Job Preview
In order to obtain an airport badge, candidates will need to be able to provide a certified copy of their birth certificate or passport in addition to their valid driver’s license.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, reach and grasp.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to participate in paid training that may require overnight travel.
- Ability to obtain USPS Mail Handling Certification.
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Airport SIDA Badge Requirements
Important update for non-crew employees working at an airport or maintenance hangar: Employees will be required to obtain a SIDA badge provided by the airport authority and maintain good standing in order to keep their SIDA badge. Review the SIDA Badge Requirements document for a comprehensive overview.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air pay and benefits can vary by company, location, number of regularly scheduled hours worked, length of employment, and employment status.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k program with a company match up to 6%
- Monthly incentive pay plan up to $150 per month
- Annual incentive pay plan with a target 5% payout of annual earnings
- Generous paid time off
- Unlimited standby travel benefits on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
Apply by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on 10/31/2022
Employment Type; Full-Time
FLSA Status; Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 2022-9320
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees and do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information (including family medical history), political views or activity, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. If you’d like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please fill out an AAP Inspection Request Form. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- 10 natural ways to last long in bed as a man - November 16, 2023
- Single Spine Salary Structure Base Pay for 2024 - November 14, 2023
- Ghana Armed Forces Voucher Sale Points and Purchase Information in 2023 - November 1, 2023