Customer Service Agents (external hires) will receive a $1,000.00 hiring bonus:
- $500 paid after 90 days of employment
- $500 paid after 6 months of employment
Our airport teams work together to move guests and their belongings from curb to cabin, creating remarkable experiences along the way. Whether customer-facing or behind the scenes, we want to hear from you if you can be welcoming to people from all walks of life, think on your feet, and manage a flexible schedule. In return, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package, professional development opportunities, and other benefits that are all designed to take your places.
The Customer Service Agent is responsible for assisting guests with travel needs at Alaska Airlines (AS). As a member of the passenger service team, this individual contributor role responds to guest inquiries and performs various tasks in ticketing, check-in, and boarding areas. This is a union represented position.
- Assist guests with travel needs (e.g., answering inquiries, ticketing, checking-in passengers, and boarding flights) in a fast-paced environment.
- Sell tickets and ensure cabin accommodations.
- Perform computer, iPad and paperwork tasks.
- Evaluate and prepare flights by arranging seat assignments and load, coordinating special meals, and upgrades.
- Perform boarding and gate duties (e.g., checking flight tickets, assisting and directing passengers, making announcements, checking aircraft, and confirming cabin security).
- Process and secure passenger luggage.
- At the direction of management, may be assigned to perform duties of varying capacities to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- 6 months of customer service or community service experience.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, listening).
- Typing speed of at least 25 WPM.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, reach and grasp.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts (e.g., weekends, holidays).
- Ability to participate in paid training.
- Ability to learn and operate a computerized reservation system.
- Ability to adapt to performing work according to set procedures.
- Ability to anticipate needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Airport SIDA Badge Requirements
Important update for non-crew employees working at an airport or maintenance hangar: Employees will be required to obtain a SIDA badge provided by the airport authority and maintain good standing in order to keep their SIDA badge. Review the SIDA Badge Requirements document for a comprehensive overview.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air pay and benefits can vary by company, location, number of regularly scheduled hours worked, length of employment, and employment status.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k program with a company match up to 6%
- Monthly incentive pay plan up to $150 per month
- Annual incentive pay plan with a target 5% payout of annual earnings
- Generous paid time off
- Unlimited standby travel benefits on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
Apply by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on 10/19/2022
Employment Type Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 2022-9222
Equal Employment Opportunity We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees and do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information (including family medical history), political views or activity, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. If you’d like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please fill out an AAP Inspection Request Form. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- 10 natural ways to last long in bed as a man - November 16, 2023
- Single Spine Salary Structure Base Pay for 2024 - November 14, 2023
- Ghana Armed Forces Voucher Sale Points and Purchase Information in 2023 - November 1, 2023