Cedar Fair is seeking an Accountant II, Financial Accounting at California’s Great America park. Responsibilities will include carrying out the financial accounting activities of the company as developed by the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO), Controller and Regional Directors – Financial Accounting. Responsibilities include assisting with the execution of policies and procedures required to maintain compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as assisting with the preparation of financial statements with a focus on ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of reporting. The Accountant II, Financial Accounting will assist with managing local financial accounting support staff.
Salary Details: $67,810- $84,760 per year. Based on experience.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounting entries for assigned regional properties to ensure timely period closing schedules are maintained.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations as assigned by the Corp. Manager–Financial Accounting.
- Partner with other shared service functions to ensure transactions posted are accurate and timely.
- Provide accounting information and documentation to internal and external auditors as requested.
- The Accountant II – Financial Accounting will follow and ensure that the internal control processes, policies, and procedures are strictly adhered to by all associates.
- Comply with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with GAAP.
- Build relationships with Park Operating associates to ensure operational activity is accurately reflected in the financial statements.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by Corporate Manager – Financial Reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 2+ years public accounting, combined public accounting & industry, or progressive industry experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience with Oracle based products, including JD Edwards and/or Essbase is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- How to buy SHS Placement Checker using MTN Mobile Money - November 28, 2023
- CSSPS: School placement for 2023 BECE graduates out, know where to check your school - November 28, 2023
- 2023 School Placement: GES Releases Placement Checker Cards - November 27, 2023